Those who left - what happened?
Soon enough we will learn of the fate of those Addicks whose contracts expire this summer. Grant Basey, Kelly Youga and Rob Elliot’s futures have already been determined but those of club captain Matt Holland, Svetoslav Todorov, Osei Sankofa, Chris Powell and Ben Thatcher will be a topic of conversation around the boardroom in these coming weeks as will many others under contract who might be subject to offers from other clubs. Real Betis have, according to Sky Sports
, already made a bid for Madjid Bougherra.
I thought meanwhile that this would be a good time to check on the 18 players who left the club last summer, some released, some sold and some sent out to pasture, this is what I found out:Kevin Lisbie
- Lets be honest most of us were pleased or relieved that Pardew finally moved 'Super Kev' on. My only reservation was that he could score goals at this level, but hang on the blokes always injured isn't he? Well 39 appearances later he ended 5th in the goal charts with 17 league goals, which is more than he scored in 12 years with us!Simon Walton
- Signed by John Gregory at QPR before Bernie Ecclestone pitched up at Loftus Road. Sadly broke his leg in a pre-season game and started just one game in December before being shipped off to Hull on loan for whom his last game was a month ago, although he was on the bench at Watford. He's now dating Page 3 girl Nicola T, so perhaps things are starting to look up?Dennis Rommedahl
- Many were surprised that Dennis got a move to Ajax last summer, he only started 15 games but has become known as a bit of supersub coming of the bench 18 times and scoring 4 vital goals including last week in the Eredivisie play-off's to determine who qualifies for next season's Champions League.Luke Young
- Luke Warm has turned into the consummate Premier League professional and made the right back spot his own at the Riverside playing 35 games, scoring one goal - that cracker against his old club Spurs in November.Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
- Well, well. 14 games for us, 39 for Cardiff. 4 goals for us, 9 for Cardiff and a bloody FA Cup final!Talal El Karkouri
- Signed a two year contract with Qatar Sports Club last June and impressed scoring 5 goals, including a trademark free-kick. Qatar finished 4th in the Q League and are in the final of the prestigious Emir Cup.Thomas Myhre
- Moved back to his boyhood club Viking FK in Stavanger primarily as a coach but Thomas has this season started 5 of Viking's 6 league games (2008 season started at the end of March).Darren Bent
- Hindered by injuries Benty clearly struggled following his big money move to Spurs. However under Ramos his form improved, and although mainly from the bench he scored 8 goals including his 100th career goal against Curbs' Hammers.Radostin Kishishev
- Kish's move to relegated Leicester has been a disaster. Kish played just twice before being shipped out to Leeds on loan after Holloway arrived. Back at the Walkers in January but he spent the rest of the season playing in the stiffs.Bryan Hughes
- The opposite is true for Hughes. Signed a 3-year deal at Hull, scored on his debut, has been a regular in their starting line up and has a Wembley play-off final to play for tomorrow night.Hermann Hreidarsson
- Hands up who thought the Herminator was past it? 35 games for the 33-year old for Portsmouth this season including a FA Cup semi at Wembley and expected to line up in the final this Saturday.Nathan Ashton
- Signed for Fulham under a recommendation by Les Reed. Made his Premier League debut at home to Reading in November. Must of then done something horribly wrong because he got sent to Palarse on loan. Played once but since been in their reserves.Rurik Gislason
- Playing regularly in the Danish Superliga for Viborg, who are struggling near the bottom of the tableAlistair John
- Made the wrong headlines after signing for Stevenage Borough when stabbed outside his home. Has served under 3 managers this season including Peter Taylor and struggled to get to be a regular.Myles Weston
- signed a 2-year deal with Notts County managed by Steve 'Rambo' Thompson, who was then sacked in October. However Myles was a regular first-teamer and helped keep the Magpies in the league.Souleymane Diawara
- We will never know if Diawara could've prevented those too frequent defensive lapses, particularly early season. 36 appearances for title chasing Bordeaux underlines what some of us thought - he's a good player.Marcus Bent
- Scored 7 goals in his first 14 games whilst on loan at Wigan. The next 18 he scored a bit fat zero. Sound familiar? Expected to sign permanently, thank god.Amdy Faye
- Arrested in November, accused of rape in April and in between played 226 minutes whilst at Glasgow Rangers. Still has a year left on his Charlton contract.James Walker
- A January move to Southend fell through due to heart issues coming up in his medical. Fortunately James got a loan move to Roots Hall and has played 15 games, including last weekend's play-off game. Has scoring 4 times and is expected to make the move permanent.